Skip to content

Liberal professions with licence requirements

You may only exercise specific liberal professions (e.g. doctor, lawyer, tax consultant, court interpreter) if you meet certain requirements (e.g. specific qualifications) and you have a licence to exercise the profession.

In addition to the licence, there are also specific professional obligations and in many professions particular requirements regarding social insurance.

Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Wirtschaftsministerium released it on 09.03.2020. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts. In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.