Skip to content
  • light rain 6 °C
  • Contrast
  • Easy Language

Vehicle and Resident's Parking Permit

When moving to another district (Stadtkreis or Landkreis) you have to apply for a new official license plate.

If you have a resident’s parking permit (Bewohnerparkausweis), then you should not forget when moving away from the residence parking area to inform this immediately to the municipality, which issued the permit, and to return the parking permit personally or by post.

Note: Inform yourself in good time, whether a resident’s parking permit is required in your new residential zone.

Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Verkehrsministerium released it on 22.03.2021. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.

In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.