Skip to content
  • overcast clouds: 85-100% 24 °C
  • Contrast
  • Easy Language

Changing Data

While it is not necessary to make any changes to your name in your driver's licence, any changes to your name and/or address must be entered in the vehicle registration certificate and vehicle title (Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil I and Teil II (previously called "Fahrzeugschein" and "Fahrzeugbrief").

A new type approval or an approval certificate is necessary when carrying out certain technical modifications to the vehicle.

The procedure descriptions in this section provide information about what you need to consider when making such modifications.

Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Verkehrsministerium released it on 16.08.2021. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.

In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.