Skip to content
  • broken clouds: 51-84% 14 °C
  • Contrast
  • Easy Language

Professional recognition

For professional qualifications that you have acquired abroad, you can have it bindingly determined in Germany whether your qualification is equivalent to a German professional qualification.

The competent authorities compare the foreign qualification with a German professional qualification. They take into account formal criteria such as the content and duration of the training.

This is currently possible for 325 state-recognised dual training occupations.

Recognition is mandatory for regulated professions. Only then are you authorised to work in one of these professions in Germany. Regulated professions are professions whose access and practice are linked to proof of a qualification.

Note: The Stuttgart Regional Council (Regierungspräsidium Stuttgart) carries out the assessment procedure for the following professions at the Certificate Recognition Centre (Referat 71):

  • Nursery teachers
  • Child carers and nursery nurses
  • Socio-educational assistants
  • sports teachers sports/gymnastics teachers the liberal professions

You can access the online application form here.

The State Examination Office and Recognition Centre for Healthcare Professions (Department 95.2) carries out the assessment procedure for healthcare and nursing professions as well as social professions.

The Regierungspräsidium Tübingen carries out the assessment procedure for teachers.

You can apply for authorisation to use the professional title of engineer from the Baden-Württemberg Chamber of Engineers.

Release note

machine generated, based on the German release by: Regierungspräsidium Stuttgart,24.06.2024