Skip to content
  • scattered clouds: 25-50% 26 °C
  • Contrast
  • Easy Language

Replacing lost or stolen documents

If you lose the vehicle registration certificate (Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil I) (previously called "Fahrzeugschein") and vehicle title (Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil II) (previously called "Fahrzeugbrief"), you can get them replaced. The same is also true if you lose old vehicle papers ("Fahrzeugschein" or "Fahrzeugbrief").

Information about what you must not forget when applying and whom you need to contact can be found in the appropriate procedure description.

Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Verkehrsministerium released it on 16.08.2021. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.

In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.