In order to assist with maintenance, there is various assistance available to students, should the support provided by the parents, the own income of the students and other contributions, for example from grandparents not be sufficient. Primarily, the financial assistance is comprised as follows:
- Training support for students in accordance with the Federal Vocational Support Act (BAföG)
- Grants and scholarships
- Baden-Württemberg GRANT for students of the State Foundation of Baden-Württemberg for periods spent abroad
- Child benefit
- Family insurance with the health insurance company
- Exemption from radio and television fees
- State loans
- Student loans form the KfW, other student loans, training funds
- Reduction of Internet and telephone charges
- Rent allowance if you are not entitled to BAföG
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Ministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst released it on 11.04.2023. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.