Skip to content
  • scattered clouds: 25-50% 15 °C
  • Contrast
  • Easy Language

Permit for permanent residence in the EC

The permit for permanent residence in the EC is comparable with the settlement permit. It is also a permanent residence title and allows you as citizen of a third country to move within the area of the EU to a greater extent.

Detailed information

The requirements for an EU long-term residence permit essentially correspond to those for a permanent residence permit.

Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Innenministerium released it on 14.07.2020. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.

In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.