You wish to use part or all of a road for a purpose other than customary traffic.
The municipality in which the road is located.
You must apply to the competent authority if you require a special-use permit. Please use the application form intended for this purpose. You can obtain it from the competent authority, or it may be available for download from the internet depending on the authority.
This form is primarily concerned with the consequences a permit would have on use of the road.
The intended form of special use may not
- have too much impact on general use of the road by others,
- create a noise disturbance for pedestrians and residents,
- make the road unduly dirty, or
- affect the townscape.
Once your application has been examined, you will receive either a permit or a notice of rejection.
The competent authority may impose time limits on the permit or make it revocable. It may also be furnished with conditions and obligations.
- The competent authority may request additional documents, e.g.
- site plan,
The fees charged depend on the fee scale of the respective municipality. The main factors they take into consideration are the nature and extent of the effect on the road and the business interests of the applicant.
You do not need a separate special use permit in the following cases:
- You need an exemption under road traffic law or
- You want to use the road in connection with a facility for which you need a building permit, for example a construction site facility.
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Verkehrsministerium released it on 09.07.2021.
Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts. In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.