Your vehicle must have an alternative drive or alternative energy source.
the registration authority in whose district you have your main place of residence, place of business or place of business
Is the registration authority
- for a city district: the city administration
- for a rural district: the district administration office
You can apply for the E-plate in person at your local registration authority:
- Make an appointment by telephone or, if possible, online with your local registration authority.
- Bring all the necessary documents and the payment amount of EUR 27.00 to your appointment.
- Your documents will be checked directly on site.
- If the check is positive, you will receive your personal E-licence plate during the appointment.
- Proof that the vehicle is a vehicle within the meaning of the Electromobility Act, for example on the basis of the registration certificate Part I (also known as the vehicle registration document), the certificate of conformity or the data confirmation (English abbreviation: COC)
- Registration certificate Part I
- previous number plates, if applicable
- for used vehicles: main inspection report
- electronic confirmation of insurance
Registration including stamping of the number plates: EUR 27.00
As a rule none
16.07.2021 Bundesministerium für Verkehr und digitale Infrastruktur