- You hold a residency title in accordance with the ICT Directive which is valid to the duration of the application procedure.
- You will work for the hosting company in Germany as a manager, specialist or trainee.
- The transfer within the company will last for more than 90 days.
- The Federal Agency for Work has agreed in accordance with § 39 of the Residency Act (AufenthG) or your employment is exempt from the approval requirement and
- you can provide proof of a valid employment contract and, if applicable, a transfer letter for the duration of the transfer within the company.
You can make the application for the issuing of a mobile ICT card both to the foreigners’ authority and to the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF). Should you submit the application to the BAMF, it will pass this on to the responsible foreigners’ authority.
Citizens of third countries who already hold a residency title for an EU Member State in accordance with the ICT Directive and who plan to stay in Germany for a long period of time (more than 90 days) can also apply for a separate residency title in writing, the mobile ICT card.
Attention: Your application for the issuing of a mobile ICT card will be rejected, if you apply at the same time for the notification of short-term mobility in accordance with § 19a of the German Residency Act (AufenthG).
The application for a mobile ICT
- can be submitted at least 20 days before arrival in Germany. In this case, the stay and employment in Germany will be deemed to be permitted for up to 90 days in a period of 180 days until the foreigners’ authority has taken a decision. The only requirement for this is that the residency title of the other EU Member State remains valid.
- It can be submitted after arrival in Germany, if a short-term mobility notification has been received by the Federal Office before travelling to Germany. However, in this case, the mobile ICT card must be issued at least 20 days before the expiry of the stay within the framework of short term mobility. In addition, the application may not be submitted at the same time as a notification concerning short-term mobility.
Valid employment contract and, if applicable, a transfer letter.
- For the issuing of a mobile ICT card: 80 EUR
- For the extension of a mobile ICT card: 70 EUR
Usually four to six weeks
- § 19a Aufenthaltsgesetz (AufenthG) (Kurzfristige Mobilität für unternehmensintern transferierte Arbeitnehmer)
- § 19b Aufenthaltsgesetz (AufenthG) (Mobiler-ICT-Karte)
- § 39 Aufenthaltsgesetz (AufenthG) (Zustimmung zur Ausländerbeschäftigung)
- § 45 Aufenthaltsverordnung (AufenthV) (Gebühren für die Aufenthaltserlaubnis, die Blaue Karte EU, die ICT-Karte und die Mobiler-ICT-Karte)
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Innenministerium released it on 11.08.2020. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts. In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.