You can obtain the ICT card if you
- are working for the host company as a manager or specialist and
- have been employed with the company for at least six months prior to the internal company transfer and will be employed by the company for the duration of the transfer without any interruptions. The transfer should be for a minimum of 90 days and last for a maximum of three years. In case of trainees, the maximum period of validity is one year.
Above all, the following requirements must be fulfilled for the transfer of an employee within his or her company or corporate group:
- Proof of qualification as a manager, specialist or trainee.
- Employed with the company for at least 6 months.
- Agreement of the Federal Employment Agency.
- Employment contract with the relevant company branch and/or transfer letter or supplementary secondment agreement with the company.
- Place of residence and living of the applicant in a third country.
- The employment contract must be comparable with those of the host company.
- for issuing a national visa before entering German territory: the German diplomatic mission abroad (embassy, consulate)
- For the issuing of the residency permit after arrival: the foreigners’ office
- The Foreigner's Authority is:
- the city administration if you live in a city district or major city district
- the rural district office if you live in a rural district.
You must apply to the foreigners’ authority for the ICT card.
You must submit your application in writing.
Prior to the expiry of your visa.
The documents and information must generally be submitted in German.
- First issuing of an ICT card: EUR 100.00
- Extension by up to three months: EUR 96.00
- Extension by more than three months: EUR 93.00
It generally takes four to six weeks for the ICT card to be issued. The issuing of a visa can take several weeks.
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Innenministerium released it on 04.08.2020. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts. In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.