As a company with its registered office in Germany, you will receive the permit under the following conditions:
- You and the person appointed as transport manager are reliable. Both the company and the transport manager mustprovetheir reliabilityto thelicensing authority.
- The financial capacity of your company must be guaranteed.
The company needs equity capital plus reserves. The amount of capital is determined by the number of vehicles intended for usevehicles. For the first vehicle, the entrepreneur requires equity capital of 9,000 euros, for each additional vehicle 5,000 euros. This also applies to the use of rental vehicles.
- You or the person nominated as transport manager are professionally suitable.
You are professionally qualified if you have passed a professional examination at the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK)
All final examinations previously recognised as equivalent will continue to be deemed equivalent if they were started or completed before 4 December 2011
Notice: You can obtain further information on this possibility from your competentiHK.
You are also professionally qualified if you have worked in a road haulage company: The IHK responsible for you will check whether these requirements are met
- at least ten years,
- in the period between 4 December 1999 and 4 December 2009 without interruption,
- in a managerial position.
- for a city district: the city administration
- for a rural district: the district administration
Enter the location of your business premises in the location selection.
You must apply for the Community licence (EU licence) or a national road haulage permit from the competent body. The content of the application for a permit or Community licence must comply with Annex 1 of the General Administrative Regulation on the Law on the Carriage of Goods by Road (GüKVwV).
The competent body shall give the following bodies the opportunity to comment:
- the Federal Office for Goods Transport,
- the Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- the competent trade union and
- the association of the transport industry
The competent body shall make the final decision on the application.
- For proof of reliability: as a rule, an extract from the
- Certificates (formerly: clearance certificates) from the following bodies:
- for proof of financial capacity: Annex 2 and, if necessary, Annex 3 of the General Administrative Regulation on Road Haulage (GüKVwV)
The competent authority may request further documents. You can obtain information from the office responsible for your place of business.
Tip: Apply first and in good time for the certificates of good conduct and the extracts from the central business register and name the competent office. It usually takes some time until you receive the documents. You can submit the other certificates later. Here, too, it may take a long time until you receive them. However, they must be available for a final decision.
- Community licence: EUR 120.00 - 700.00
- Licence for commercial road haulage: EUR 120.00 - 700.00
Please note: Additional costs will be incurred for information from the registers and for the preparation of other supporting documents. This also applies to the certified copies of the Community licence or copies of the permit that you must carry in the vehicles.
within 3 months from the date on which the competent body receives all the necessary documentsThis
period may be extended by one month by the competent body in duly justified cases
Period of validity
The national permit and the Community licence may be issued for a period of validity of up to 10 years.
- Art. 3 und Art. 4 Verordnung (EG) 1072/2009 (Lizenz) über gemeinsame Regeln für den Zugang zum Markt des grenzüberschreitenden Güterkraftverkehrs
- Art. 3 Verordnung (EG) Nr. 1071/2009 zur Festlegung gemeinsamer Regeln für die Zulassung zum Beruf des Kraftverkehrsunternehmers
- § 3 Güterkraftverkehrsgesetz (GüKG) (Erlaubnis)
- Allgemeine Verwaltungsvorschrift zum Güterkraftverkehrsrecht (GüKVwV)
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Verkehrsministerium released it on 04.12.2020. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.