Skip to content

Changing your address on the hunting license

If you move house, then you should have the address changed on your hunting license.

Responsible department

  • if you live in an urban district, the city council (Stadtverwaltung)
  • if you live in a rural district, the rural district office (Landratsamt)


The change in address on your hunting license can be applied for in person or in writing (if necessary by a third party with a power of attorney).

Note: You can also have the address changed when you next renew your hunting license if this is within a short time.

Required documents

  • amended identity card or valid confirmation of registration
  • hunting license
  • when renewing your hunting license: proof of insurance
  • if by a third person: power of attorney


Generally no charges are incurred when changing the address.

Detailed information



You can find more information on hunting on the website of the Game research institute (Wildforschungsstelle) of the Federal State and on the website of the State forest management (Landesforstverwaltung).

Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Ministerium für Ernährung und Ländlichen Raum released it on 16.11.2015. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.