Skip to content
  • broken clouds: 51-84% 25 °C
  • Contrast
  • Easy Language

Property survey - apply for boundary determination

Would you like to build on your property? Or do you need an exact determination of the property boundaries for other reasons? Then you need to have the property surveyed. The results of the survey are transferred to the property register. The position of the boundary points is precisely defined there.


You can submit an application if you are

  • The owner of a parcel of land,
  • a person with hereditary building rights,
  • a person with power of attorney (authorised) or the consent of the owner or person entitled to inherit, or
  • an authority in fulfilment of its duties


Responsible department


You can submit the application for boundary determination informally. You have the following options:

  • You commission a publicly appointed surveying engineer.
  • You contact the surveying authority of the place where the property is located.

You will then receive the results of the survey.

If entries in the property register need to be changed, you will receive a continuation certificate from the surveying authority.

Required documents

details of the affected parcel


Surveying fees in accordance with the Fees Ordinance in conjunction with the Schedule of Fees

The amount of the fee depends on the land value. Missing boundary points can be marked on request, for which additional fees are charged.



Legal basis

Vermessungsgesetz (VermG)

Verordnung des Ministeriums für Landesentwicklung und Wohnen über die Festsetzung der Gebührensätze für öffentliche Leistungen der staatlichen Behörden für den Geschäftsbereich des Ministeriums für Landesentwicklung und Wohnen (Gebphrenverordnung MLW - GebVO MLW) vom 1. März 2024

Grundstücksverkehrsgesetz (GrdstVG)

  • § 2

Waldgesetz (LWaldG)

  • § 24Teilung von Waldgrundstücken

Release note

machine generated, based on the German release by: Ministerium für Landesentwicklung und Wohnen Baden-Württemberg, 26.04.2024