The prerequisites for a permit for subsidised housing:
- you are looking for an apartment.
- you and the other members of your household do not exceed the maximum income limit.
Tip: You will find more detailed information in the brochure “Der Wohnberechtigungsschein” (Permits for Subsidised Housing) published by the Wirtschaftsministerium. This contains useful information about permits for subsidised housing and the conditions under which they are issued.
- The municipal authority (Gemeinde)/city council (Stadtverwaltung) of the place where you normally reside.
- If you do not ordinarily reside in Baden-Württemberg: the area in which you want to live
You must apply to the competent municipality if you require a permit for subsidised housing. Please use the form intended for this purpose. You can obtain this from your municipal authority. Some municipalities have the form available for download.
Tip: Ideally you should apply for the licence for subsidised housing in person. In this way, you can clarify directly which documents you have to present.
Vary from case to case, particularly:
- personal ID card
- income statements from all persons wishing to move into the subsidised dwelling, e.g.
- payslip(s) including proof of special payments
- last income tax statement or income tax assessment
- for self-employed persons: last net income statement
- § 1 Landeswohnraumförderungsgesetz (LWoFG) (Anwendungsbereich, Zweck und Zielgruppen)
- § 12 Landeswohnraumförderungsgesetz (LWoFG) (Einkommen)
- § 15 Landeswohnraumförderungsgesetz (LWoFG) (Überlassung von Mietwohnraum)
- § 30 Landeswohnraumförderungsgesetz (LWoFG) (Überleitungsbestimmungen für Maßnahmen und Entscheidungen nach altem Recht)
- § 34 Landeswohnraumförderungsgesetz (LWoFG) (Unanwendbarkeit von Bundesrecht)
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Finanz- und Wirtschaftsministerium released it on 21.10.2022. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.