- Specialist knowledge
- Personal suitability
- At least 21 years of age
- German citizenship or citizenship from another EU member state
The local police authority
Local police headquarters depending on your place of residence:
- The city administration in large cities in the district or
- The district administration
The certificate of competence for the handling and/or trading of substances with a risk of explosion can be applied for.
Please fill in the following forms for this purpose and submit these to the responsible authority personally:
- “Application for the issuing of a certificate of competence in accordance with § 20 of the Law relating to Explosives”
- If applicable: Form “A”
Please provide the necessary proof of your specialist knowledge.
- Completed application forms
- valid passport or personal ID card
- Evidence of specialist knowledge
- as evidence of personal reliability:
- If residing in Germany:
- certificate of good conduct (Führungszeugnis)
- If residing abroad: documents from your country of residence that testify to your personal reliability.
The competent body may request additional documents in order to verify your personal reliability.
- Sliding-scale fee: EUR 35.79 to EUR 204.52 or
- If available: fees according to the municipal statute of fees concerning explosives legislation
The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Umweltministerium released it on 25.01.2021. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.