The city of Pforzheim is the business and cultural centre of the North Black Forest region and can count itself among the major commercial centres in Baden Württemberg.
As a modern and future-orientated production and service location, Pforzheim has a unique combination of competence in the following core industries at its disposal:
- Precious metalwork
- Mechanical engineering
- Precision mechanics
- Scientific and information technology-based service industries
- Printing technology
- Large mail order businesses
The foundations of Pforzheim’s economy are a range of innovative and competitive smaller companies and a high concentration of companies working at the cutting edge of technology.
An outstanding location with bridging functions between Karlsruhe’s technology region and the European metropolitan region of Stuttgart make Pforzheim an attractive commercial and industrial location for local as well as incoming businesses.
Among the most important reasons for being based in Pforzheim are:
- Good traffic connections
- Competitively priced and fully developed industrial & commercial sites
- A diverse and forward-looking commercial sector
- The location for important institutions and organisations
- A wide choice of high quality educational institutions
- A wealth of cultural opportunities
- A high standard of living